SLUMBRx Day 1
- Download the FitBit App on your smart phone from the App Store, Google Play or the Windows Store before your visit.
- When prompted, select the Inspire 2 model.
- Please sign up for FitBit using the email address you provided when you applied to be a participant of the SLUMBRx study.
- Please contact Dr. Knowlden as soon as possible if you would like to use a different email address other than the email address you submitted as part of your application to participate in SLUMBRx.
- Otherwise, we will use the email address you provided to set up your account with HypKnowledge; the Web-App you will sync your FitBit to for each day you participate in SLUMBRx.
- Download the HypKnowledge App (*iPhone only) on your smart phone before your visit. Otherwise, please go to HypKnowledge.com and bookmark the Web-based App on your PC, laptop, or tablet.
- Create a shortcut to the SLUMBRx Study Daily Task List for easy access from your smart phone.
- Write down your FitBit log-in and password information. Your phone may pre-load a “strong” password when you sign up with FitBit. Even if you use this option, please write down the full password as you will need to manually enter it in the HypKnowledge Web-App.
Prepare for your Visit to the Kinesiology Lab
- Arrive Fasted. Please do not eat on the day of your visit.
- Avoid Caffeine 12 hours prior to your visit and Tobacco 2 hours prior to your visit.
- Avoid Strenuous Exercise and Alcohol 24 hours before your visit.
- Sip Water. Please do sip water on the day of your visit. Being well hydrated is necessary for the BODPOD. However, please only drink water and no other types of beverages.
- Privacy. The BODPOD machine is in a private room where you will be able to change your clothing. We will also match you with a researcher of the same gender.
- Bring shorts. One of the devices for SLUMBRx must be affixed to your upper thigh. Please either wear or bring a pair of shorts so we can assist you with affixing this device.
- We will provide the necessary cap for use in the BODPOD.
- Form-fitting single layer/tight-fitting Lycra ©/spandex swimsuit like Speedo ©.
- Compression bike-style shorts (with NO padding) similar to Under Armour © type shorts.
- Form-fitting single layer swimsuit in either one or two-piece. Must be of Lycra ©/Spandex © style similar to Speedo ©.
- Compression bike-style shorts (with NO padding) or volleyball-style shorts and sports bra with no padding or wires.
Spandex / Compression Clothing for BODPOD.
Lab Location & Parking
The first part of SLUMBRx will take place at the Kinesiology Laboratory at the University of Alabama.
The Kinesiology Lab is located on the 2nd floor of Wade Hall. Designated parking for research participants and the entrance to Wade Hall is located at 620 Judy Bonner Dr.
Please note, Wade Hall used to be called Moore Hall and the lettering on the outside of the building may still say Moore Hall at the time of the SLUBMRx study.
Kinesiology Laboratory Physical Address:
The University of Alabama
620 Judy Bonner Dr.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
MAP TO WADE HALL:
Parking for Research Study Participants:
MAP TO PARKING FOR RESEARCH STUDY PARTICIPANTS:
Please park in the designated parking spot reserved for research study participants. The designated parking spot is highlighted in yellow in the picture of Wade Hall on this Web Page.
Once you park, please meet Dr. Knowlden near the entrance to Wade Hall that faces Judy Bonner Dr. (highlighted in yellow in the picture of Wade Hall).
When you arrive, a member of the SLUMBRx team will give you a parking pass that you can place on your vehicle dashboard.
Kinesiology Laboratory Physical Address: The University of Alabama, Wade Hall, 620 Judy Bonner Dr., Tuscaloosa, AL, 35401
Please park in the designated parking spot (outlined in yellow). Once you arrive at Wade Hall, Dr. Knowlden will meet you outside of the building by the set of double doors facing Judy Bonner Dr. (outlined in yellow)